Professional Development Online Forms
Class Proposal Form
Name of Person Submitting This Proposal:
Short Synopsis of Class:
Please check applicable MCPASD Professional Development Strands:
Curriculum & Instruction
Special Education/Student Services
Please check the Wisconsin Standard(s) that apply to this class:
1. The teacher understands the central concepts, tools of inquiry, and structures of the disciplines he or she teaches and can create learning experiences that make these aspects of subject matter meaningful for pupils.
2. The teacher understands how children with broad ranges of ability learn and provides instruction that supports their intellectual, social, and personal development.
3. The teacher understands how pupils differ in their approaches to learning and the barriers that impede learning and can adapt instruction to meet the diverse needs of pupils, including those with disabilities and exceptionalities.
4. The teacher understands and uses a variety of instructional strategies, including the use of technology to encourage children's development of critical thinking, problem solving, and performance skills.
5. The teacher uses an understanding of individual and group motivation and behavior to create a learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation.
6. The teacher uses effective verbal and nonverbal communication techniques as well as instructional media and technology to foster active inquiry, collaboration, and supportive interaction in the classroom.
7. The teacher organizes and plans systematic instruction based upon knowledge of subject matter, pupils, the community, and curriculum goals.
8. The teacher understands and uses formal and informal assessment strategies to evaluate and ensure the continuous intellectual, social, and physical development of the pupil.
9. The teacher is a reflective practitioner who continually evaluates the effect of his or her choices and actions on pupils, parents, professionals in the learning community and others who actively seek out opportunities to grow professionally.
10. The teacher fosters relationships with school colleagues, parents, and agencies in the larger community to support pupil learning and well being and who acts with integrity, fairness and in an ethical manner.
By clicking the link below, this form will be submitted electronically to Nancy Wyngaard at the DAC.
close this window
7106 South Avenue | Middleton, WI 53562 | Phone 608-829-9000 | Fax 608-836-1536 |