There's now a mobile application available for your smart phones that will keep you even more connected to the Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District.
MCPASD has partnered with ParentLink to create the MCPASD App, an all-in-one information source for staff, parents, students and the community. The application was developed specifically to provide direct access to the district's most sought-after information in the most convenient format -- your mobile device.
Recognizing trends in social technology and the unprecedented use of smartphones and tablet devices, MCPASD has elected to become part of the mobile sphere to better connect and collaborate with the majority of their stakeholders. MCPASD is one of the first school districts in Wisconsin to offer a mobile app.
"Our choice to go mobile goes directly back to our District mission to improve student performance,'' Community Relations Specialist Perry Hibner said . "Enabling our parents and students to connect with the district in real-time, at their own convenience magnifies engagement. We know this resource will help in terms of transparency and parent interaction."
- District and school news, which allows the user to select which schools and district news feeds they want to subscribe and receive.
- Push notifications for the district/school to send out instant alerts to the user's mobile device.
- Sports scores, schedules, and links to sports sites.
- Calendar information for schools and district events, including the ability to add events from school calendars to the user's device calendar.
- School and district directories and maps.
- Contact information for teachers, administrators and other staff.
- Links to the District's Facebook, Twitter & YouTube sites, along with links to any sites individual schools may have.
- Superintendent updates with the latest communications from your district leaders
"We know all parties -- students, parents, community and staff -- will find great value in this app," ParentLink president John Graff said. "We are excited to provide the MCPASD community with a mobile resource to make collaborating with their local school, an enjoyable and easy part of their busy schedules."
The MCPASD App is free for users and available for immediate download on iPhone and Android devices.
In addition, for any Windows, Blackberry or device other than iOS or Android, go to the Parent Link website and click on the Mobile Version link at the top to download.
A number of different types of communications will be sent to parents, students and the community to encourage them to download the application, Hibner said.
"We very much want thousands of people using the app,'' he said. "We believe it's just one more vehicle to make sure everyone is well-informed about what is happening throughout the district.''
If you have any ideas for how to improve the app, please e-mail Hibner.