If your child will be in middle school next year and is looking for something to do this summer, the Middleton Youth Center offers a variety of opportunities.
The Youth Center's summer programming will begin on June 19 and run until Aug. 10. A free lunch will be available from 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. and will be provided to anyone under the age of 18. It is provided by the District. The end-of-summer camping trip will take place Aug. 15-16.
The Youth Center's summer program will run Monday through Thursday from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. The weekly schedule will include:
- Mondays: Activity options
- Tuesdays: Pool Day at the Middleton Aquatic Center (free entry for students going with the Youth Center!)
- Wednesdays: Activity options and volunteer reading at Little Red Preschool
- Thursdays: Special events and field trips
Activity options are not yet finalized but will likely include sports, art, movie-making, photography, gardening, and cooking. A snack will also be provided daily.
Lunch will be served in the MHS concourse, while students will eat at Fireman's Park. The Youth Center will also provide a variety of enrichment activities in Fireman's Park from 11:15 a.m. to 1:15 p.m.
All students must enroll or re-enroll using the Youth Center's updated 2017 Enrollment Packet
The District plans to provide bus transportation for students in certain areas again this year. Please e-mail Youth Center director Gabrielle Hinahara for more information.
Summer enrollment information:
- Open to Districts students entering grades 5-8 in 2017-18.
- There is no fee to attend.
- All students need to have a completed enrollment/permissions form on file to participate. Forms are available at the Youth Center during open hours and on the Youth Center website.
- If your student already has a form on file and no information has changed, they do not need a new form.
- Additional permission slips/waivers may be required for certain field trips. These forms will be sent home with students in advance.