What does a Link Leader do?
Link Leaders are trained to work with the incoming freshman class and other new students who are entering our school next fall. After extensive training in August, Link Leaders will run freshman orientation before school starts and on the first day of school in September. At the orientation, each Link Leader will be given a small group of freshmen to work with that day and will be asked to befriend and to help that group during the first week of school with any challenges they may face. During Advisory and the rest of the school year, Link Leaders will meet again with their student groups to touch base, discuss problems, and plan social activities. The more contact a freshman has with her/his Link Leader, the more successful the freshman will be.
Below are dates and events you are required to attend as a Link Leader;
Please make sure you are available to attend these events before you apply.
- May Development Day: Friday, May 4th, 2018, 1:00PM-3:00PM ; Varsity Gym
August Link Leader training:
- Wednesday, August 29th, 2018 8:00am - 1:00 pm
- Thursday, August 30th, 2018 8:00am - 1:00 pm
- First day of school: Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 in the morning; wear your Link Leader shirt
- Homecoming Tailgate: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018; call your Link Crew and invite them to attend the tailgate with you! (may be changing date - TBD)
- Future Freshman Night: Wednesday, January 16th, 2018; 5:45-8:00 pm; wear your Link Leader shirt
- ATTEND Meetings, Committees, and Follow-Up activities throughout the school year (1 per month held during ASR)
How to Apply